Director Cross-Border Data Science - North America
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa across regions.
This position is at Visa's offices in Foster City, California.
- Drive value from Visa’s unique global data assets in order to answer critical questions for the Cross-border business unit.
- Will be part of a Global Data Science team responsible for blueprinting and delivering analytic projects that solve cross-border business objectives.
- Develop Metrics and use dashboards to quantify current state and to monitor progress across markets and segments using consistent definitions
- Conduct client & portfolio level analytics to size opportunities and to derive actionable insights for account teams
- Develop and Leverage Consumer segmentation & targeting models to enable tailoring of programs in the markets
- Leverage Forecasting models to enable proactive planning of investments and actions
- Monitor program effectiveness to ensure value quantification of efforts
- Share learning and leverage best practices across groups
- Draw data-driven insights and make actionable recommendations that reflect the specific business and context
- Utilize Hadoop, and related query engines such as Hive to perform advanced data mining
- Apply statistical solutions to business problems, to develop high-level deliverables and communicate data and technical concepts to a business audience
- Define detailed analytic scope and methodology, and create analytic plans.
- Execute on the analytic plans with appropriate data mining and analytic techniques.
- Present analytics, insights and recommendations to a non-technical audience
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master’s, MBA, JD, MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Minimum of 12 years of analytical experience in applying solutions to business problems
- Post Graduate degree in a Quantitative field
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Hive/R/SQL/Python
- Prior experience in payments or financial services industry preferred
- Experience in the application of predictive modeling and machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Understanding of Cards/Payments and Banking business model would be a plus
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detail oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
- Experience with managing project teams and providing direction and thought leadership
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law