Sr. Software Engineer / DevOps / SRE
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Become a subject matter expert on all infrastructure platforms in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions
- Develop, test, document, and implement strategies, automation, and solutions that support services
- Provision highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
- Monitor and maintain highly scalable environments including kubernetes clusters
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address routine to moderately complex reporting issues with accuracy or performance
- Define and evolve DevOps best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 1-2 years experience as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer or SRE
- Experience with micro-services
- Experience building and updating CI/CD pipelines
- Strong in core Java, J2EE, Spring
- Scripting skills e.g. Bash, Python
- Expertise with one or more monitoring, metrics, performance, and logging systems including Zabbix, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, JMeter
- Expertise with one or more automation frameworks for provisioning and configuration management systems including Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
- Strong understanding of CI/CD Pipelines in a globally distributed environment using Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker registry, etc.
- Lead cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams
- Preferred experience with one or more of the following:
- Jenkins or other CI tools
- Familiarity with cloud applications and microservice architectures
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) is a plus
- Oracle Certified Professional is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.