Sr. Software Engineer / DevOps / SRE
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
• Become a subject matter expert on all infrastructure platforms in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions
• Develop, test, document, and implement strategies, automation, and solutions that support services
• Provision highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
• Monitor and maintain highly scalable environments including kubernetes clusters
• Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address routine to moderately complex reporting issues with accuracy or performance
• Define and evolve DevOps best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change
• Experience with micro-services
• Experience building and updating CI/CD pipelines
• Strong in core Java, J2EE, Spring
• Scripting skills e.g. Bash, Python
• You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience.
• 1-2 years experience as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer or SRE
• Expertise with one or more monitoring, metrics, performance, and logging systems including Zabbix, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, JMeter
• Expertise with one or more automation frameworks for provisioning and configuration management systems including Ansible, Chef, Puppet
• Expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
• Strong understanding of CI/CD Pipelines in a globally distributed environment using Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker registry, etc.
• Lead cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams
• Preferred experience with one or more of the following:
- Jenkins or other CI tools
- Familiarity with cloud applications and microservice architectures
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) is a plus
- Oracle Certified Professional is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.