Sr. Software Engineer / DevOps / Kubernetes
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
• Work on a platform for monitoring, logging, and orchestration of docker applications running on Kubernetes
• Development and implement platform components to support containers
• Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations and features in business terms
• Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
• Lead the App Services Engineering strategic efforts – working on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks
• Support the implementation of new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
• Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address routine to moderately complex reporting issues with accuracy or performance
• Define and evolve DevOps best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change
• Lead cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams
• B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
• 2+ years of recent hands on development and/or DevOps experience
• Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Experience in configuration management tool such as Ansible/Chef
• Experience building, updating and managing Docker Images
• Strong understanding of CI/CD Pipelines in a globally distributed environment using Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker registry, etc.
• Experience with micro-services
• Experience building and updating CI/CD pipelines
• Strong in core Java, J2EE, Spring
• Scripting skills e.g. Bash, Python
• Experience with deploying and managing micro-services using container orchestration platforms
• Experienced in building solutions for monitoring, logging, security, and scalability of applications
• Experience with Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, Firewall
• Preferred experience with one or more of the following:
- Jenkins or other CI tools
- Familiarity with cloud applications and micro-service architectures
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.