Senior Account Manager - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Account Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This Senior Account Manager provides both strategic and tactical support to Visa’s suite of commercial products in UK&I. This role will be a subject matter expert on appropriate Visa Business Solutions products, and will function as consultant to assigned clients, ensuring clients’ objectives are achieved. This is an individual technical role that serves as a relationship manager to Financial Institutions. The ideal candidate have background in Commercial Payments, so as to best provide consultation and guidance to the client. This is not a sales role, and as such, the individual will be responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives
- Host and present monthly service management with assigned Financial Institutions
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create and maintain updated support documentation – meeting required deadlines
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, and system enhancement support
- Educate and train clients on best practices for all supported services
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages
- Stay current with the payment industry and client trends as well as maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- On call support and possible weekend hours
- Domestic travel may be required
- Produce yearly customer and departmental reporting for tracking customer or service issues
- Present client analysis to peers and leadership
- Develop and provide presentations to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership and communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution.
What we’re after…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organisational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgement
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively using project management principles
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Advanced comfort level with public speaking
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programming interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advanced Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including cost allocation methods a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.