Sr. Software Engineer in Test, Innovation (REF20464F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. . We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Sr. Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and test code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a plus. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Build test automation framework to support ongoing Pilots
- Build test tools to improve quality and performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding and test automation standards
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- Agile Development, Continuous Integration using Jenkins and automated testing experience
- Strong Unix / Linux skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Real passion for high quality software engineering
- 3+ years software development and test experience
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- As an end-end champion for our products, you will have strong experience helping in debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams
- Hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG.
- Experience with Selenium or similar software testing framework.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.