Sr. Program Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional, highly complex programs
- Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production
- Work with product owner to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Coach team in estimation techniques.
- Ability to shield the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to track and remove impediments for the team.
- Develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals.
- Leading and coaching a team in its Agile adoption.
- Coach team members to understand Scrum and the Agile Principles.
- Influencing change that increases team performance at a sustainable pace.
- Agile release planning ensure clear communication and collaboration among the Product Owner and members of the Development team.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, Product Owners to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverable in area of responsibility.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering,
- or other technical discipline, MBA, or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated Scrum Master experience.
- Significant relevant Program/Project Management experience and demonstrated expertise.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration,
- TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience with other Lean/Agile framework and methods, i.e.: Kanban, SAFe,XP, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with light supervision.
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
- Experience managing software development projects.
- Software development experience preferred.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.