Finance Director - Client Services
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a strategic finance leader to join our Client Services finance team. This Director will develop financial strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision making, partnering closely with leaders in Client Services. S/he will drive the long-term planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes for the businesses s/he supports and provide actionable monthly reports, analysis, and recommendations. The position will involve delivering important insights to senior finance leaders and executive management and require strong influencing skills. The Director Finance will also help mentor other team members to deliver top notch business partnership. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in financial and general business analysis, preferably with a public company, and demonstrated experience collaborating across functions.
Strategic Planning and Analytics:
- Become a trusted business partner to all business units and executive management
- Partner with executive team to develop long term financial plans
- Develop and present strategic insights about business trends and key merchants and acquirer relationships
- Develop revenue and operational metrics to foster commercial mindset and accountability with business partners
- Partner with business stakeholders to create business cases and analyze client deal proposals; structure and execute complex financial modeling and analysis
- Identify and implement changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational decision making
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan and analysis
- Lead performance diagnostics, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting for Merchant Sales & Acquiring organization
- Interpret and present key findings to senior leadership
- Enable management by providing timely, accurate information
- Understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for quarterly and monthly performance reporting
- Spearhead ad hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization(s)
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables for optimal result
- Attract, recruit and train top talent into the Finance organization
- Mentor high performing team members by helping to create a center of excellence and instilling best practices across finance
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders across levels
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field
- MBA strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of professional experience or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where financial best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Deep experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (or similar) with a thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting
- Advanced level of Excel and Powerpoint required
- Experience with complex financial system (e.g., Hyperion, TM1, etc.) is preferred
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience a plus
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence senior executives and business partners
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work effectively in a dual reporting matrix environment
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.