Finance Manager - Client Incentive Operations
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Client Incentive Operations (CIO) is responsible for the oversight of Merchant Acceptance and Acquirer Incentive agreements to accomplish the objectives of Incentive Agreements.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in contract management, financial analysis and demonstrated experience managing complex finance processes and engaging business partners. The ideal candidate will also be a meticulous, self-motivated, highly collaborative team player possessing a positive attitude.
- Review and approval of excel models/calculation created to determine contractual commitments per the terms of the client incentive contracts, ensuring that all key obligations have been accurately addressed and in compliance with Visa’s accounting policy, SOX controls and taking into consideration SEC requirements.
- Review of contractual payments in accordance with the terms of incentive contracts and provide support in the resolution of related issues and discrepancies.
- Partner effectively with stakeholders in Technical Accounting and Corporate Accounting to ensure timely and accurate reporting and accounting
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external auditors
- Champion the creation and maintenance of high standards of financial discipline and accountability within the geography
Business / Team Engagement:
- Partner with the Director to manage and develop team members and to foster a collaborative team environment
- Effectively translate technical accounting treatment and financial analysis to non-finance professionals to ensure full understanding of incentive contractual language linkages to accounting policies and procedures
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with Sales, Finance Business Partners, Client Contract Management and Legal.
- Lead and coordinate requests from stakeholders including Strategy, Corp. Accounting, Corp. Planning, Legal, and other internal stakeholders
- Be the alternative focal point of contact for senior management on client incentives-related matters
- Drive and provide support for the department projects and initiatives such as business initiatives, new system functionality design and implementation, new incentive launch, process improvements etc
- Subject matter expert in business, product and accounting to guide/lead and also in system project to advocate specific requirements for the team.
- Spearhead ad hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and processes
- Partner with the Director to provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables for optimal result
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- B.S. degree in business/accounting required with 8+ years of experience in finance and accounting. MBA or advanced degree or CPA preferred
- Ability and comfortable to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to manage, lead, influence others and set direction
- Excellent business ethics
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Strong business analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, diplomacy, and a very upbeat customer-service attitude are essential
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally, with all levels of management and external clients
- Strong systems knowledge including system implementation experience and proficient in Microsoft Advanced Excel and Access
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.