Country Manager - Switzerland
- Zürich, Switzerland
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is at another inflexion point for growth. The company has a strategic mission to leverage the best of Visa’s global capabilities and local payment ability in a rapidly changing world. Visa now seeks a new Country Manager for Switzerland to lead the team and drive dynamic growth in the market.
The Country Manager Switzerland will be responsible for developing and delivering the scorecard targets for the Swiss market by driving effective sales, account and people management. The role will lead a team to enable Visa to further build deep relationships with key clients, predominantly in the ‘core’ part of Visa’s business, with an emphasis on Financial Institutions, but also other clients. This individual will play a key role alongside other Country Managers and Executives in the Central Europe cluster to represent Visa. Focus is on delivering the company’s core market mission: growing the business with cards and faster payments that displace cash and ACH payments. By building deep partnerships with clients, opening up access and offering creative solutions, Visa is at the forefront of protecting and growing the company’s brand and market share.
The Country Manager Switzerland will be responsible for engaging with key stakeholders, internally and externally, operating at a senior level with clients and leading key strategic market and technology developments. The role will have line management responsibility for sales, and coordinate work with product, marketing, finance and merchants-sales departments together with his team. The Country Manager Switzerland will help Visa to expand access into key business verticals and clients, which includes also the introduction and expansion of Visa Debit in Switzerland.
Commercial acumen, an excellent understanding of the broader banking landscape as well as strategic thinking and P&L responsibility will be critical to this appointment. Working in a matrix require also high social competence and collaboration skills. The role will report to the Head of Country Management and Group Clients in Central Europe.
· Lead the development and implementation of the Swiss market strategy to enable the activities that deliver targets and revenue acceleration.
· Ensure that the initiatives of diverse functions within the market are integrated and aligned to Visa’s broader business plans and strategic goals in Europe and across the Central Europe cluster.
· Drive consultative and solution sales efforts within the market and ensure cultural working style differences are understood and respected.
· Build and develop strong relationships with partners and clients in Switzerland. Responsible for collaborating with clients to identify new and ongoing requirements, and introduce new products or services.
· Develop and grow local market share by both identifying, developing new business opportunities and expanding existing business.
· Represent Visa externally through interactions with key clients, the media, domestic regulators, government agencies, consumers, merchants and the broader fintech / emerging digital ecosystem.
· Lead local initiatives within the wider Visa community and manage the Swiss Visa Clients Client Council to ensure the market has the necessary resources and approach to achieve scorecard targets.
· Lead and manage the product portfolio for a signature account, ensuring Visa clients have excellent support service from Visa
· Partner with key internal and external clients to ensure that Visa is the primary influencer within the Swiss payments industry. Serve as an advocate of the industry and represent Visa together with the team.
· Provide inspirational leadership to the team, ensuring maximum efficiency and engagement by managing conflicting and competing demands across multiple client accounts.
· Lead the annual business and account plans for key clients, liaising with the Key Account Managers / Business Development leaders in relation to the product or portfolio.
· Collaborate and engage with colleagues across Visa, endeavouring to provide guidance and support with complex negotiations and ensure the business is appropriately involved and informed
· Everyone is a leader at Visa - tremendous levels of communication to demonstrate expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity to the team.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of the impact of Switzerland to the regional strategy, which will enable Visa to reach its ambitious goals.
· Champion Visa’s consumer and employer brand in the market – leading by example on Visa’s Leadership Principles and values. An ambassador in the market for exceptional talent and company brand attraction
· He/she will bring at least 15+ years of experience, including significant experience in a commercial / sales leadership role within the broader financial services and payments industry.
· Proven Leadership of an enterprise or a commercial function of a business where the development and deployment of the digital and customer agenda is a key driver of success.
· Growing a business in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
· Existing deep industry knowledge with the ability to quickly assimilate the market in which Visa operates to engage with existing clients and develop relationships in line with the market Strategy’.
· Leading key client relationships and growing significant sales portfolios. Experience of complex and large deal negotiation with a strong network across the broader Financial Services / Fintech sector.
· Strong B2B2C experience, with knowledge of expanding into new customer distribution channels.
· Robust decision-making and analytical skills. Strong command of financial, market and consumer data with the ability to grasp complex and detailed issues. Financially literate with an excellent understanding of risk management.
· Demonstrated success developing strategy and leading it through to execution and delivery. Consistent record of having met challenging financial and business targets.
· An appreciation and resonance around political, governmental and regulatory environments in Switzerland
· Experience building, leading and developing high performing teams. Ability to work collaboratively with executives from Visa’s clients and partners to leverage Visa’s products and services in order to build broader payments solutions, and to enhance business relationships.
· Commercially astute with experience of working in a global matrix organisation with the ability to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally.
· Experience of leading change programmes within a business and has led a team on a journey of cultural and transformational change.
· Proven success managing large client relationships and developing new business opportunities with key partners in the market. Leads and inspires the team with a growth mindset and a real passion for digital and innovation.
· Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-cultural, diverse and highly-matrixed organisation with the ability to make an impact and gain immediate respect and credibility.