Corporate Strategy Manager - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What’s it all about?
This is an exciting time in payments. Change is accelerating and the industry is being transformed by new technologies, business models and regulation. The payments market is increasingly dynamic and presents significant opportunities for participants to grow and create new value. Visa is a global payments technology company in a unique position to bring innovations and shape the future of payments and commerce.
The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for strategy development and coordination, enterprise-wide strategic projects and strategic intelligence. You will advise the European leadership team on strategic matters and lead related corporate initiatives (new growth opportunities, responses to competitive moves or new regulation, etc). The position reports to the head of strategy for Europe and is based in London.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Deliver projects or major project workstreams related to Visa’s corporate strategy or corporate initiatives – from shaping to successful implementation
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for recommendations
- Work closely with functional, regional and HQ management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
- Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Work with the Corporate Development team to shape and inform our approach to M&A and strategic partnerships to execute the corporate strategy
- Monitor the evolution of the payments industry, competitive landscape, new technology developments and regulatory environment
- Occasional travel (<10%) may be required from time to time.
What we’re after…
- Excellent strategy development skills, with mid-level experience in a leading strategy consultancy or in a strategy role for a corporate preferred
- Track record of delivering strategic initiatives
- Experience in and/or exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Ability to deliver complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to carry out sophisticated financial modelling
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and external business partners
- Self-starter, results-focused, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- MBA or relevant graduate degree or similar academic background, or relevant working experience
- Fluency in other European language(s) (e.g., German, French, Spanish, Italian) would be a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.