Senior Governance Reporting Analyst - Level 4
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Governance Reporting Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Responsible for independently delivering complex data analysis and trending of operational service and system management information to technical and business customers both internally and for client-facing interactions. Undertaking engagements to review and enhance existing reports; whilst developing new customer reporting requirements.
In order to do this, the role requires specialist in-depth expertise of reporting and data analysis methodologies and tools, and be able to establish, and provide guidance on, best practice. The role is required to communicate with a range of stakeholders at different levels, from line management, technical groups, business representatives, and other service management functions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Conduct complex data analysis and apply technical knowledge to produce meaningful, timely and accurate insights into service performance
- Publish performance, exception and service reports and presentations for internal and external parties, adopting a level of content and language appropriate to each customer
- Identify any data or reporting inconsistencies prior to publication, and either explain and justify, or flag and resolve potential issues, pre-empting stakeholder feedback and ensuring communications are maintained
- Obtain independent data in order to validate and reconcile performance claims from internal and external service providers
- Review and challenge performance and process improvement reports received from internal and external service providers, in order to maintain compliance and drive improvement in the delivery of technology
- Initiate and manage self-assessments on processes and procedures, and engage with relevant stakeholders in order to drive improvements
- Engage with customers and provide expert advice and coaching, to ensure that all aspects of reporting activity are fully supported, promoting best practice and the benefit of effective methods and standards
- Review and agree service performance information, including the review of service targets (SLAs) as well as providing recommendations for improvements
- Proactively engage with customers, and lead the development of new and amended reporting requirements, including engagements with technical areas to develop and implement potential streamlining and automation
What we’re after…
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivation, and the ability to rapidly assimilate and then explain information, whilst viewing the bigger-picture when considering actions and implications
- Ability to view the bigger-picture and use initiative to make and justify decisions
- High level of computer literacy, in particular data manipulation and presentation within Microsoft Office
- Strong customer focus, and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A critical and questioning approach
- Aptitude for design and product delivery, and flair for professional presentation
- Good planning and organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of financial services would be an advantage, but not essential
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.