Senior Systems Engineer - Corporate IT - Level 4
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Systems Engineer - Corporate IT - London, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Corporate Information Technology (CIT) is responsible for the enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations and drive new innovations. The Client Engineering team is responsible for hardware and application standards, quality assurance and performance testing; endpoint vulnerability management; endpoint infrastructure and Active Directory configuration design/standards; process automation; nextgen technology development, and technical resource for operational support teams. There will be interaction with engineers and key stakeholders in Project Management Office (PMO), Operations, and other Corporate IT teams.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide innovation to customers that is easy to consume, elastic, secure and reliable.
- Drive the next generation of customer-focused endpoint technical initiatives through collaboration with other highly skilled engineers.
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization.
- Provide highly available, automated solutions that enable our Operations partners to manage environments simply and effectively.
- Improve processes and support methodologies by assessing need and requirements.
- Manage, triage and drive resolution of Operations escalations. Be predictive, and drive reduction of those same escalations.
- Drive innovation and collaboration with Operations partners globally to reduce redundant work and improve efficiency.
What we're after...
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with a shift-based, geographically distributed team is preferred
- Prior experience must include leadership role for mission-critical applications supporting high transaction systems
- Team player and passionate for contributing to a culture of innovation and flawless execution. Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks
- Demonstrated ability to drive technical initiatives and identify opportunities for improving end user technology.
- Must have prior hands-on experience in designing, building and implementing customer-focused technology solutions
- Solid technology background in Compute and Deploy/Release
- Excellent understanding of workstation deployment and configuration technologies. Implementing in a highly secure environment is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience developing and automating for Mac and Windows platforms
- Expertise in managing and configuring JAMF, SCCM and/or BigFix in medium-to-large environments
- Hypervisor/Virtualization Experience: VMWare or KVM or Hyper-V
- Expertise in one or more configuration management tools, such as Chef or Ansible
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.