Senior Dispute Representative
- Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, CyberSource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
@VisaNews Twitter: www.twitter.com/visanews Tumblr: visacorporate.tumblr.com
Technology and Innovation at Visa
Life at Visa [playlist to be updated]
Senior Dispute Representatives are responsible for facilitating the research and resolution of simple dispute claims and over time and through on-the-job experience, acquiring the skills and knowledge required to manage more complex dispute related work.
The position is responsible for processing basic disputes for Prepaid or Debit on behalf of Dispute Analysis and Support (DAS) clients. Working primarily fraud cases, they will learn systems and dispute processes.
- Review evidence or case presented and leveraging Network (Visa, MasterCard, Regional Network, etc.) dispute resolution management rules to determine the validity of each claim and its potential for recovery
- Utilize Network dispute process to attempt recovery on behalf of Visa DPS’ Issuing and Acquiring Clients, ensuring that disputes are submitted in accordance with Network Operating Regulations, and that all required evidentiary and technical conditions and requirements are met
- When disputes are challenged by the opposing party via a representment, collaborate with senior staff to review the new evidence to assess its validity and
- Resolve the claim or counter-challenge the representment through Visa’s pre-arbitration, pre-compliance, arbitration, or compliance process or
- Pass dispute to DPS Client to decision
- Work and balance Incoming/Outgoing disputes with Visa DPS settlement and Network financial general ledger (Regional only)
- Communicate via email and phone to Visa DPS Clients and Network associates as necessary
- Submissions without approval are capped at $1000 per claim at the representative level
- Work off business hours as required
- 3+ years’ experience working in banking or a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment
- Ideally 1+ years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role, although this is not a requirement
- A proven track record for making sound decisions based on available evidence, managing both short and long-term goals, and achieving high quality operational results
- Qualified individuals will possess the initiative and judgment to ensure customer expectations and service levels are exceeded
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- A fundamental knowledge of the payment processing industry