Product Executive - Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Product Analyst, Core Product & Customer Engagement Malaysia will be part of a dedicated team that is focused on influencing and growing the product landscape in Malaysia. This is a rare career opportunity to work in this dynamic environment.
Within this team, the role holder will be responsible for identifying and implementing business development opportunities with issuers in Malaysia, analyzing Visa data to identify the issuers business opportunities and creating customer engagement through partnership with local suppliers and providers.
This role requires an experienced business development professional with a full understanding of the financial services industry with specific knowledge of the Malaysia payments industry, competitive dynamics, and market players.
This person will be required to work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Operations, Risk Management and Marketing to execute partnership agreements.
This person is a self-motivated, highly energized, detail-oriented individual who is equally comfortable in front of a client as they are in front of a spreadsheet.
He/she must have great time management and organizational skills, and thrive in a team environment.
- Lead development of partnerships with local suppliers and providers to enhance Visa credit and debit product CVPs for both cross-border and domestic cardholder engagement by developing relevant product platforms
- Perform ongoing and ad-hoc analysis to identify trends and new business opportunities leveraging Visa data and market intelligence data
- Work closely with strategic merchants, external vendors and partners to effectively deliver quality and efficiency in platform benefit fulfilment
- Monitor product budgets reporting associated with product platforms, ensuring budget is fully optimized while proper processes are followed and initiatives are delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Support team on delivering core product development (credit, debit) and portfolio optimization strategies for key clients with emphasis on Affluent, Millennials and Islamic segments
- Support execution of the Malaysia Business Plan and ensure initiatives, budget and KPIs are met consistently
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent job experience)
- 5+ years of payments industry experience (preferably with banks, loyalty solution providers and/or Fintech) with a proven track record of executing projects for high-performing cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of the Malaysia payments landscape, emerging players, business models, and trends is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills on process mapping, task management and execution
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for data extraction, manipulation and insight development with limited data
- Be a leader, self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence
- Comfortable in working independently while effectively working across functional lines and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end state