Senior Manager - Process, Change and Continuous Improvement
- London, UK
Job Title: Senior Manager, Process, Change and Continuous Improvement
Job Code: REF19371W
Skill Category: Finance
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Monday 5th August 2019
Closing Date: Monday 2nd September 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager, Process, Change and Continuous Improvement, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role sits in Visa’s Europe Controllership team, which is responsible for the accounting and finance operations of the Europe business functions and corporate accounting activities for Visa. The team is part of the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance. This role will report to the Sr. Director within the Europe Controllership team in London that oversees the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting. This position will be responsible for controllership process documentation management and improvement, change management in Controllership and Continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of pertinent controllership processes and controls, the ability to identify and implement changes to improve operational efficiency, the ability to work well with cross-functional teams, and identify opportunities to work with robotics, automation, and continuous controls monitoring, all with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for managing and improving all controllership processes and for the documentation of processes with related controls (revenue, payables, accounting, Operations support)
- Proactively research and document opportunities for continuous improvement
- Prepare an annual plan for approval for all Continuous improvement initiatives
- Negotiate, through procurement as necessary, with any new vendors for tools required to improve efficiency.
- Work as controllership representative on any system changes impacting processes to maintain accurate process documentation and clarity of responsibilities
- Develop and manage a controllership scorecard with Financial Systems Support assistance.
- Interaction with various levels of management within and outside of Finance and internal and external audit teams and participation in cross-functional projects will be a routine part of the job.
What we’re after…
- Chartered Accountant (ACA) preferred, proven progressive professional accounting experience, preferably in a publicly-traded company and/or with a public accounting firm.
- Proven international payments experience.
- Strong understanding of Visa’s business (four party model, rules, pricing, products, sales) processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required.
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficient with Oracle or similar enterprise accounting system
- Proficient in utilising Excel to efficiently analyse data..macros preferred
- High level of experience with continuous improvement methodologies, driving increases in efficiency / effectiveness, utilising lean thinking, six sigma, systems thinking, operational excellence qualifications preferred
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, possess good organisational, communication, and analytical skills, able to work independently, and be extremely flexible.
- Welcomes challenging/complex projects and demonstrates an ability for working "smarter not harder" by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes