Director, Merchant Sales&Acquiring (Go To Market)
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Responsible for managing large complex acquirers and merchant accounts within the assigned markets
- Manage the identification and assessment of Merchant segment development trends, opportunities and threats in the sub-region
- Identify, qualify and quantify market specific opportunities in close cooperation with local relationship management and understand factors critical to successful merchant development.
- Build the Merchant Sales plan and strategy for the assigned markets
- Manage roll out of a sub-regional merchant business plan strategy and market level plan that takes into account local market and stakeholder needs, competitive landscape and is aligned with overall sub-regional Merchant Plan.
- Ensure activities are regularly reviewed, maintaining a flexibility and resilience to cater for local market dynamics.
- Ensure the sub-regional merchant solutions strategy and plans are effectively communicated to and understood by the relevant stakeholders in the sub-region;
- Establish and manage budget requirements for the Merchant Sales segments in the sub-region
- Direct and coordinate the implementation of the agreed sub-regional merchant sales plans within the constraints of the budget and available resources.
- Manage all implementation aspects of the sub-regional Merchant Sales plan
- Structure the objectives, scope and resources of the merchant plan roll-out.
- Manage the implementation and operation of the plan, with a focus on fast resolution of problems and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Drive business expansion of new products and payment solutions;
- In close cooperation with sub-regional and Dubai based staff, manage the business, technical, service and legal relationships and activities with and between plan participants (banks, vendors, third parties) and incorporate learning’s into process.
- Provide input into design and implementation of marketing and promotional activities to enhance usage and activation.
- Conduct annual reviews for assigned solutions (previous enhancements, YE volumes & revenues, revisions/ updates to the strategic direction and pricing);
- Represent Visa by speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake public relations activities where appropriate.
- Ensure relationship management is self-sufficient in the sales of existing solutions.
- In conjunction with sub-regional based staff, manage the provision of consultancy to merchants and other stakeholders
- Provide professional advice and consultancy to merchants covering both tactical and strategic products and marketing aspects for merchant sales.
Education: Bachelors’ or MBA
Experience: 10+ years on-line and off-line payments
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen with previous product line P&L responsibility is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively within CEMEA, between regions and with Worldwide Services staff
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills
- Candidate must have the ability to travel frequently
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Leadership Skills
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes