Business Development Manager
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Contribute to the development of the areas business development strategy.
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients’ operational plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing plans are in place in good time and have sufficient justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa. Monitor, analyse and develop/respond to competitors strategies.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated clients’, industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors
- Identify new business development opportunities and take accountability for and manage the project evaluation of these. Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients’.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated clients, partner companies, Central banks and national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Assist with the relationships with the central banks, key technology partners and other organisations involved in payment services. Utilise these relationships to influence and change attitudes and decisions of clients’ and to achieve Visa’s goals in the region.
- Ensure all CEMEA departments are fully informed of actions that may affect them, support their objectives and business plans and seek to resolve conflicts which might occur.
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through sharing of information, coaching and support.
- Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with CEMEA colleagues, and staff in other regions to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced across CEMEA.
- Complete ad hoc project/research work and other initiatives as directed by senior management.
Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Ensures implementation of annual functional sales goals and plans.
- Ensure appropriate development and management of deals with clients and partners.
- Responsible for activities of clients/areas without direct reports. May lead small functional team.
- Directly supports senior sales staff on their areas of responsibility.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Operates autonomously with moderately complex accounts. Has impact on department revenues and organization reputation through management of client relationships.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Interprets business issues and recommends best practices.
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Operational sales team member
- Manages assigned accounts or supports others.
- Generates new business and maintains existing client relationships in mid to large accounts.
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Leadership Skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
Required Experience & Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
- 5+ years of continuous experience in a bank or processing centre;
- Implementation or support/improvement of bank card products in cooperation with different payment systems;
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills, prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering presentations to large industry audiences, including conferences,
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or electronic payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes;
- Experience in liaising, and working with senior level international bankers, industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Commercial orientation, interpersonally credible, influential in their dealings and sensitive to a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage varied indirect reporting relationships at all levels of the Visa and member organisation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively within CEMEA, between regions and with Worldwide Services staff
- Candidate must have the ability to travel occasionally
- Fluent English, Russian and Kazakh