Sr. Director Technology Audit
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Participate in leading the execution of major segments of the Visa Inc. audit plan as approved by the Audit & Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Lead the design and execution of selected audit engagements. Lead key administrative aspects of audit department management including auditable entity maintenance, audit scheduling and staff performance management. Coach and develop team members as appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management throughout the audit process and with senior clients on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of company business strategies, industry advances, and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- 10 - 12+ years of internal audit experience, preferably in a global, public company, or professional services assurance experience
- 10-12+ years of deep technical experience in one or more of the following domains: data center design and management, information security, distributed operating systems, databases (SQL or NoSQL), network technology, mobile payments, tokenized services, cloud-based and virtualized environments, SAN and NAS storage systems, IBM mainframe, or Hadoop.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- One or more Technical certifications or other information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.) highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing and overseeing multiple technology audits and teams within a complex operational and regulatory environment that includes mainframe, distributed and network platforms
- Excellent supervisory and time management skills; extensive experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals
- Extensive experience evaluating risks and system controls associated with complex business applications and processes
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate risk to all levels of executive management and achieve buy-in on need for risk mitigation
- Responsible for assisting the VP – Internal Audit, the CAE, and other Audit Leaders in the execution of major segments of the Visa Inc. audit plan, as approved by the Audit & Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Manages a team of audit professionals, providing direction and ensuring accomplishment of department goals. Provides ongoing coaching to Audit professionals of various levels and experience, including consultants. Prepares and delivers end-of-job performance evaluations for in-charges, and approve evaluations for all assigned auditors.
- Assists the VP - Technology Audit and Audit Leadership Team with hiring and personnel decision for assigned team.
- Assists VP - Internal Audit and CAE in ongoing risk assessment, development of the audit plan, and reporting to executives, regulators, and the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Ensures each audit has sufficient and skilled resources, an appropriate scope, and is effectively supervised; makes decisions on issue significance and risk ratings.
- Is considered an authoritative expert in technology audits, and in the professional practice of internal auditing, stays current on industry, accounting, and regulatory issues and best practices for assigned areas; imparts this knowledge to team and clients.
- Represents Internal Audit at stakeholder meetings as required, and offers control advisory services to management in a manner that does not compromise the independence and objectivity of Internal Audit.
- Makes presentations to executives on audit plans and audit issues in order to encourage proactive improvement in the control environment, as required.
- Provides thought leadership and creativity in the approach and delivery of audit services and evaluation of the overall control environment.
- For each audit engagement, provides overall support and leadership to ensure quality of Audit services provided. Specifically:
- Provide direction to in-charge auditors to ensure that audits are planned and executed in accordance with department and professional standards. This includes assisting in the design of and approval of the audit scope, work program, and testing plan for each audit assignment.
- Ensure audit work-papers are properly reviewed by the assigned in-charge, and provide second level review of work-papers as needed.
- Review draft audit findings, and ensure issues are appropriately vetted and constructed given the circumstances and facts.
- Provide reports to client managers on the effectiveness of their business unit’s internal control structure, along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of a control or process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action (to be) taken on all significant weaknesses noted in the reports; advise management on optimal actions.
- Maintains constructive business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives.
- Promotes thought leadership for new ideas and new ways of executing projects and processes to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of internal audit services.
- Participates in activities related to systems development, new products, mergers and acquisitions, and analyze new policies to ensure that control considerations are evaluated in the early stages of the project.
- Provides control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Provides insight on the state of the control environment and best practices to executive management of assigned areas.
- Coordinates with other risk management functions and Independent Public Accountants to minimize duplication of effort and to ensure that issues raised as a result of their reviews are appropriately addressed.
- Leverages advanced financial, operational and technical knowledge and professional judgment in the practice of internal auditing, consistent with professional standards (IIA, relevant accounting standards, COBIT, COSO, etc.)
- Direct management responsibility for a team of audit professionals. Also ensures proper supervision over multiple engagement teams, often concurrently executing audit projects, sometimes staffed with a mix of employee and co-sourced professionals with varied backgrounds and expertise.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.