Director, Software Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of solutions include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions.
Visa is seeking a Director, Software Engineering for this group in Bangalore.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers.
- Play a crucial role in interfacing with business stakeholder to define solutions & requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies.
- Ensure developed solutions adhere to established architectural best patterns and target state.
- Drive selection of new technologies and influence architectural target state.
- Foster the culture of automation & Shift-Left
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals and best practices.
- Hire top engineering talent; provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to your staff.
- Create an engineering culture of creativity and innovation
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field; 12+ years of software industry work experience with 5+ years of people and team management experience
- Technical hands-on experience with Java/J2EE technologies; Experience working with frameworks like Spring, Spring boot, Angular/React.
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns like Microservices and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications.
- Experience with containerization and Docker is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, grow, retain and lead high-caliber technical talent.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practice and passion to implement these across his/her team.
- Longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve mindset.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.