Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Acquiring
- Bangkok, Thailand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) - Thailand has the responsibility for managing Visa’s Merchant Sales & Acquiring function in Thailand with the primary focus on deepening Visa’s relationship with key strategic merchants, acquirers and payment facilitators. The role is required to provide knowledge of the merchant acquiring/ acceptance and processes in Thailand by liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure flawless implementation.
This position requires experiences in the card payment industry, specifically in acquiring and merchant business. The candidate must be familiar with the market landscape, bank clients, merchants and local regulations.
New Acceptance Development
- Co-develop strategy to identify opportunities to grow card acceptance, by analyzing segment potential and acceptance gaps in the market
- Drive the implementation of strategic plans for new acceptance initiatives
- Partner with key merchants and key acquirers for growth
Merchant, Acquirer and Related Stakeholder Relations
- Manage relationship with key merchants, acquirers and payment facilitators
- Lead in merchant marketing and activation campaigns with key merchant partners
- Influence new Visa products and solutions
- Accountable for progress to ensure campaign / program is successful
- Continuously monitor and enforce Visa rules with merchants and acquirers
- Prepare regular performance reports, MSV tracking and program updates
- Handle all reporting and compliance requirements
- Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Ability to work successfully in matrix organization
- Establish good working relationship with Country Manager and Sales team, cross-functional teams from MS&A Hub, Client Services, Legal, Compliance, Product and Marketing
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 12 years of proven experience in card acquiring / merchant acceptance industry
- Knowledge of payments / financial industry is essential
- Knowledge or experiences in transit, travel and tourism, mobile payment, or e-commerce related would be added advantage
- Self-driven, positive and result oriented team player
- Possess high learning agility and proactive
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment and matrixed organization
- Proven track record in sales and relationship management
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience and knowledge of POS terminal and payment gateway industry preferred