Senior Credit Risk Analyst
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Credit Settlement Risk Specialist will have the opportunity to look at the broader scope of credit risk analysis, focused primarily on collateral management, but also monitoring of existing clients and recommending credit rating assignment of new clients. In addition, the position will be working closely with various key internal and external stakeholders including Financial Institutions and Corporate across the globe that issue VISA products. This is a regional role covering Latin America countries. The Miami based position will be reporting directly to the Senior Director, LAC Credit Settlement Risk who is based in Miami. As part of an extended global team, you will be involved in active participation to make a difference in the development of global credit policies and procedures. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who is mature, able to work independently to drive strong initiatives, yet a good team player who is self-motivated and adept at working collaboratively with the rest of the team globally and regionally. The highly matrix environment in Visa requires the individual to be collaborative with the ability to identify issues and to assess them and finally presenting to stakeholders and management with a clear point of view.
§ Essential Functions
- Ensuring collateral instruments adhere to Visa policies and/or Legal approved formats
- Tracking and communication of new collateral requests, renewals, executions, and recordkeeping
- SBLC’s management and Cash accounts administration at JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Management of new collateral instruments (E.g., domestic government bonds and Trust Structures)
- Monthly Collateral Held reconciliation and reporting
Credit Risk Analysis:
- Conduct credit risk assessments, determine and monitor risk exposure of new and existing clients based on analysis of financial statement including balance sheet structures and strategies, loan portfolios, off-balance sheet transactions, treasury strategies, and liquidity management
- Research and analysis of institutional and sovereign risk, credit ratings issued by rating agencies, financial modeling and knowledge of the banking systems as well as the economic and political development of the relevant markets
- As the subject matter expert on client and country risk, you will actively engage with both internal and external senior executives to contribute to strategies that support business growth while advising on solutions to address risk concerns
- Lead due diligence review of clients through interaction with senior management of clients, and provide a qualitative assessment of the management
- Diligently monitor all assigned clients’ exposure to ensure collateral shortfalls are highlighted and rectified in a timely manner
- You will be expected to lead participation in the development of global credit policies and procedures to ensure that best practices are followed. You may be required to propose exceptions to the policy where necessary for special circumstances
Prepare senior management reports/presentations
§ Basic Qualifications
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- At least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish is a must, given this role would be supporting Japan amongst other markets
- Able to demonstrate expertise in credit analysis and ability to develop processes and controls to provide management assurance of risk mitigating controls
- Be analytical, organized, accurate and detail-oriented with fact-based discipline
- Ability and willingness to take initiative on new projects and work well in a team environment
§ Preferred Qualifications
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Bachelor degree preferably Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering. Degrees in other fields will be considered.
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in analyzing banks/non-bank financial institutions counter-party credit risk or corporate credit risk.
- Essential to have strong experience in dealing with Financial Institutions such as Banks or large tier Corporate
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese will be a plus
Able to work independently and as part of the team and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment with a high degree of accuracy and detail
§ Physical Requirements
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.