- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Visa Global Operating Certificate team in Miami. The Operating Certificates are reports filed by financial institutions on a quarterly/monthly basis. Visa uses the reports to assess Quarterly Service Fees and perform other industry metric analysis. The Operating Certificate team is responsible for assisting and training clients with the quarterly/monthly filing, analyzing submitted data, and resolving reporting errors. In addition, the team is responsible for billing process to assess quarterly/monthly service fees.
This position requires the ability to learn quickly, work independently, address problems expertly in a fast-paced environment and you will be required to work effectively with both external and internal clients.
§ Essential Functions
- Provide support for ad-hoc reporting requests
- Perform detailed analysis on ad-hoc financial adjustments
- Adapt processes and practices to promote efficiency and to support business objectives
- Manage assigned special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Assist with other aspects of the revenue process: pricing updates, invoice inquires, resolving customer disputes, etc.
- Develop expertise in all aspects of the quarterly/monthly filing processes: systems, internal controls, policies and procedures, etc.
- Assist with the billings of quarterly card service fees and adjustments resulted from clients’ revision on Operating Certificate or based on clients’ contractual agreements
- Take responsibility for identified issues including additional research, discussion with the Business, Account Executives and client, development of practical solutions, documentation and calculation of the respective fee adjustments
- Proficient with Excel skills to confidently assist with various process automations and complex analyses
- Assist with all other ad-hoc revenue projects and analyses and reports as needed
Perform Operating Certificates audits and trainings to external clients when needed
§ Basic Qualifications
- 5 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree; Or
- 3 years of experience and Master’s degree; Or
- PhD without experience
§ Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Analyze large amounts of data and present conclusions and observations to management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and project-management skills: plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment
- Meet deadlines within a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Creative problem-solving skills: collaboratively contribute new ideas and solutions to address business challenges
- Proficient user of MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Payment-industry experience is a plus
Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a Plus
§ Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.