Senior Director – AML Compliance - Payments
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is an exciting payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more. In order to offer ubiquitous reach in key global markets, Visa Direct will be expanding to offer a Payouts service to support payments through real-time payments, ACH schemes and other digital stores of value. This will expand the scope of Visa's push payments services to include connectivity into 90+ new payment types worldwide.
The Senior Director – AML Compliance - Payments will be a key member of the Global AML & Sanctions leadership team. This leadership role serves the critical function of establishing and overseeing the AML & sanctions risk framework and strategic compliance program initiatives for Visa Direct. This charter is inclusive of continuing to develop the relevant AML policy standards, its Risk Based Approach, engagement models, establishing communications content and cadence, and providing strategic guidance to global and regional efforts. The role-holder should be able to engage with credibility and authority with clients and regulators and communicate clearly the platform’s risk and compliance features. Knowledge of global industry and regulatory trends in the areas of AML/KYC and risk scoring will be critical as will experience in building solutions and processes to manage these. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently towards an agreed strategy and results and be effective in a dynamic, matrixed environment under demanding timelines.
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 10 years of implementing AML/ATF, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC programs at an MSB or Bank FI; in the payments industry a plus (but not essential)
- Experience designing and managing AML & Sanctions related product features and development.
- Ability to effective collaborate and influence to lead cross-functional teams
- Multi-national experience and perspective would be a strong plus.
- Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
- Strong communication skills (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex compliance, business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/ initiatives to conclusion through multi-functional teams.
- Passion for payments and creating new solutions
- Visa or card industry knowledge would be an asset
- Design, and manage VD product-specific BSA/AML and sanctions risk strategy, standards, procedures and risk assessments to support the product roadmap, rollout, and service offering
- Partner with cross functional teams to define enhanced controls, tools and compliance monitoring rules for originated programs impacting authorization confidence and issuers’ Visa Direct enablement
- Execute VD monitoring rules to ensure participants’ compliance with product parameters, their PIFs and other best practices
- Manage a team of analysts to operationalize compliance oversight, manage escalations, coordinate remedial plans and closure
- Interact with senior management in Product, Compliance, Legal, Risk, and regional business units concerning AML/CTF issues and processes
- Stay up-to-date of regulatory and corporate governance developments affecting payments
- Report periodically on program status and escalate issues to senior management
- Support resolution of compliance issues in partnership with regional Compliance & Client Services teams
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, including senior leadership.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on regional and functional partner needs
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects and execute on key initiatives, including closing any gaps in product features and functionality
- This role requires occasional travel around the globe
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.