Lead Network Engineer - Level 5
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Network Engineer , we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognised global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Infrastructure Service Reliability team is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s mission critical infrastructure ie- infrastructure supporting all credit and debit systems. This team has a special charter to focus solely on mission critical network and storage infrastructure and to provide the highest level of support to these services.
This role is a recognised expert within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy. This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
This position will be located in Basingstoke, UK
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide technical coordination, oversight and leadership for staff and serve as escalation point for complex technical issues
- Plan, design, implement and provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in commercial and Cybersource environments to fulfill the business needs
- Design appropriate solutions based on environment, create detailed network designs, assess and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits
- Provide third level technical support to the Visa client institutions and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Build and maintain relationship with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
- Lead development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
- Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Develop processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of network environments
- Develop and position solutions and create a roadmap to effectively gain buy-in from all stakeholders
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
What we’re after…
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Extensive work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or mid-level work experience with a PhD
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software - Cisco CCIE, CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching certification preferred
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- Mid-level related experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Python and Ansible experience needed
- Experience with Brocade storage switching required and scripting/automation for storage fabric preferred
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and network environment issues
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organisational plans
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organisation to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- ITIL certification preferred
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.