Financial Controller (m/f/div.) - Level 4
- Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Financial Controller, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Financial Controller position, based in Frankfurt, is a joined Accounting and Controlling position being the connector between CE Cluster and Central Finance regarding Accounting, Tax and Controllership Tasks. The Central Europe Finance team supports Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Netherlands and therefore that are fast growing markets. It is an exciting and fast-paced role that would be well suited for those who enjoy being hands-on with all kind of financial tasks and driving results
What we expect of you, day to day.
The main tasks for the Financial Controller will be:
Controllership and reporting
- Manage the local Cashbooks for our 3 representative offices in Netherlands, Switzerland and Austria as well as the Branch in Frankfurt
- Review and process Accounts Payable/Receivable inputs leading to timely payment/receipts and employee reimbursements with an aim to achieve excellence in service response to internal and external customers and adherence to relevant Visa policies and procedures and local requirements.
- Support on Month-End Process by ensuring accuracy and integrity of monthly cost centre accounts, proper transaction coding, and accounting. Mange Month-end corrections, Accruals & re-classes
- Control Market Funds (MDF/IMD) process – monitore, measure and collect for multiple countries
- Support Marketing on A&P Tracker ensuring the PO allocation against the budgets are correct; monitor the spend vs budgeted amounts; ensure spend and commitments are accounted for accurately, completely and timely.
- Educating business personnel in robust financial management
- Unusual items are properly identified, surfaced and resolved promptly
- Timely provision of reports by agreed timelines
- Implementing a continuously improving controls and process framework that complies with Visa policy and procedures
- Maintain documentation for tax,audit and compliance purposes
- Prepare monthly VAT filings for VEMS Germany
- Prepare Corporate Income Tax and Trade Income Tax with the support of external Advisors
- Support CE Cluster Verticals with Supplier on-boarding, PO raising, One-off payments
- Support any Internal Audit requirements; T&E upfront control
- Partner with all employees in CE and Finance UK
The above tasks are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nor are such responsibilities, duties and skills static; changes may occur over time.
What we’re after…
- Degree educated, or have equivalent professional experience
- Background in Finance, Audit or Compliance with focus on operational controls
- Significant business experience
- Good problem solving and stakeholder communication skills
- Customer service orientation with a strong attention to detail
- Organized, methodical approach to managing a varied and high volume of tasks
- Strong ethics, integrity and accountability with ability to maintain independence
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with a complex financial system (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion, TM1, COGNOS, Concur)
- Language skills – German, English
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.