Sr. Product Manager, Global Merchant Data
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The role will be primarily responsible for owning specific merchant data product integration/adoption within the global merchant data platform, understand core elements of operations, product strategy and platforms, and drive innovative and scalable opportunities across quality of experience, scale, instrumentation and more to overall product development roadmap. The Senior Manager interacts with cross-functional stakeholders, including various Technology teams, product teams, and business function leads. Accomplishing this will require a nuanced ability to influence and collaborate across a complex and highly matrixed organization.
The position will be based at Visa's Arlington, VA office
- Work with global merchant data product partners to understand their strategic business requirements and translate them into business solutions within the global merchant data platform
- Strong desire to lead and effectively manage business problems through hands on trouble shooting and analysis, essential for key global projects/programs related to Merchant Data
- Provide program and project management support - Closely work with other product owners and partners (both internal and external stakeholders), and engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/business requirements, as needed
- Create, monitor and revise the following analysis artifacts and deliverables: business requirements, business rules, use cases, user acceptance test plans, project plans, and tracking logs.
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing of functional requirements as needed
- Develop and execute a plan to create internal tools that can provide insights and reporting to enable better decision making.
- Work daily with Technology to gather and communicate development status, risk and issues to product partners. Help to streamline how Operations collaborates with cross-functional teams across all customers of GMR
- Proactively collect and analyze data and work with product partners to assist in the determination of product direction or otherwise define business requirements.
- Serve as first line in assisting Technology in the resolution of issues and roadblocks preventing or hindering product delivery.
- Assist in creating product training, reporting and documentation materials in support of the broader user success function
- Provide support to in resolving customer issues as needed
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelors’ degree in business management, computer science or information technology
- 5 - 7 years combined experience in data/business analysis and business operations with preferably 2-3 years in payment systems and/or financial services.
- Strong data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into creative and engaging output. Working knowledge of Hadoop, writing queries, and building reports.
- Proficiency with software development methodologies such as Agile and experience with Scrum teams
- Proficiency and real-world experience in analytics tools and big data platforms including Hive/SQL, Impala, SAS, Python
- Extensive experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
- Expert with Excel, Access, PowerPoint or other common tools used for data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated data-driven problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated capabilities in technical-oriented business analysis techniques and user acceptance testing processes/methodologies in large, complex, diversified, global organizations.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting and analyzing complex systems integration.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Strong facilitation skills. Must be able to elicit requirements from various personalities across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Ability to work some flexible hours due to varying time zones across Visa’s regions.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
May be needed to take phone calls with teams in various time zones as needed
Travel as needed by the business up to 20%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.