Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack Software Development, Open VisaNet
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, test automation engineers, designers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products.
Open VisaNet team is looking for a Full Stack Staff Software Engineer to join Open VisaNet Product Development team leading and responsible for delivering highly functional, secure, scalable, and interactive web application user interfaces to our customers.
As a Staff SW Engineer you will help design, develop, enhance, build our solutions meant for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, developing test cases, automating test cases and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation
- Primarily responsible for UI design & development activities
- Build engaging, usable, and accessible UI applications/components/code libraries for web/mobile
- Analyze from Usability and Accessibility point of view and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Engage with product owners to create wireframes and mockups and design interactions
- Build prototypes and POC of new technologies and functionalities
- Work with middle tier and back end developers
- Participate in providing project estimations and timelines
- Participate in code reviews
- You are expected to have hands-on experience and sufficient knowledge to guide the engineers and unblock them as needed on an on-going basis.
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing software.
- Contribute towards meetings and discussions with product and architecture teams.
- Leverage newer technologies and lead efforts to architect, design and implement / test various aspects of secure payment solutions.
- Work with a team of talented engineers and ensure DEV / QA best practices are followed.
- Understand coding guidelines and participate in code review processes.
- Support QA, UAT and performance testing phases of development cycle and implement DevOps principles from development to deployment to production
- Review test strategy and test cases developed by test engineers to ensure optimum quality of solutions being delivered.\
- Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items
- Optimize application for performance and scalability.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with 7 - 10 years of experience.
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using Angular or React
- Full Stack Software Development experience in building mission critical applications
- Experience in building highly distributed, available and scalable systems
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Exposure to Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
- Responsive Design Principles
- Experience working with Restful APIs and building scalable applications using technologies like HTTP, XML, JSON, REST
- Exposure to tools like Postman / any REST Client is desired.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
- Experience with Agile and DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation
- Understand coding best practices & guidelines, guide team, participate in code review processes.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Development experience on mobile would be plus
Nice to Have :
- Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
- Knowledge of Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.