Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem, Open Banking is introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer and merchant relationship. We are building a brand new technology platform that will drive the future of this area and enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on the latest standards/tech stack and providing open APIs and new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We value creative and driven individuals who love to own their products, and design and implement solutions that create a seamless experience for consumers and clients. Our developers work across the stack, and are experts in service oriented architectures and technologies like AngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka and Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who can lead the detailed design and development activities for this product build.
The role involves extensive hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality.
Here are key job responsibilities -
- Responsible for the architecture, design and development
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products
- Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget and with good code quality
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required
- 8+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx, Akka framework or similar
- Experience building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL database
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Proven experience delivering highly scalable and available production systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication/articulation skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus