Senior Staff software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem, Open Banking is introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer and merchant relationship. We are building a brand new technology platform that will drive the future of this area and enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on the latest standards/tech stack and providing open APIs and new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We value creative and driven individuals who love to own their products, and design and implement solutions that create a seamless experience for consumers and clients. Our developers work across the stack, and are experts in service oriented architectures and technologies like AngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka and Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who can lead the detailed design and development activities for this product build.
The role involves extensive hands-on activities including technical evaluation, architecture, design, documentation, development and test of the new platform and functionality.
Here are key job responsibilities –
- Define architecture; create solution documents; and do low level design, code, unit test for implementing the platform.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements and modifications.
- Evaluate technical options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop the end-to-end solution.
- Take ownership and lead the engineering responsibility for multiple components of the platform.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project and work with engineers to ensure they are delivering efficiently and to top quality standards.
- Lead and support both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and new technology in support of the business.
- Provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers.
- Support and deliver resulting initiatives from business plan and technology strategy demonstrating re-use, architectural principles and use of innovative products.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence within the team; drive adoption of practices like continuous integration, automated code reviews, automated measurements of code quality, etc.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Masters Degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role.
- Strong understanding and working experience in Distributed Web Architecture – should have experience with service registry, container architecture, distributed caching, streaming apps, NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Hands-on understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable web services.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher, Spring, Vertx, Akka framework or similar.
- Experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Sound understanding of Service and IT operations management and DevOps model, good knowledge of deployment and capacity planning.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integrations using web services and REST.
- Understand the Security requirements, standards and contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies.
- Experience with agile development process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.