Senior Director - Program Management, Accelerated Delivery Team - Level 6
- London, UK
- Job Title: Senior Director - Program Management, Accelerated Delivery Team
- Job Code: REF19494N
- Skill Category: Program/Project Management
- Location: London
- Job Type: Permanent
- Posting Start date: Wednesday 25th September 2019
- Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd October 2019
- Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
The global Product organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
The Accelerated Delivery team for Product is accountable for successful commercial launches in close collaboration with our Product teams and major ecosystem partners. We are seeking a lead to build a new team in London and oversee a team of three Program Managers responsible for a portfolio of complex programs.
What we expect of you, day to day.
How you will make an impact:
- You’ll create strategic alliances with relevant stakeholders across organization to accelerate delivery of product priorities.
- You’ll motivate cross-functional teams toward the achievement of program goals and communicate a compelling strategy for how to utilize all stakeholders' functional skills and capabilities.
- You’ll possess strong diplomacy skills and foster goodwill between different groups and functions, exhibiting a 'one company' mindset.
- You’ll connect the dots across the portfolio and identify opportunities to improve delivery performance and create value for the organization.
- You’ll anticipate stakeholder needs and ensures processes and cross-functional communications are in place to maximize impact and speed of delivery.
- You’ll predict process gaps, roadblocks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies with ease.
- You’ll conscientiously communicate how project team members are performing, and subsequently, mentor and coach them to reach their potential.
- You’ll coach the organization how to be proactive about identifying problems, resolution, and opportunities; and on the practices of SAFe and underlying Lean and Agile Principles.
- You’ll demonstrates thorough expertise of the technical aspects of product development and be sought out by others as an expert on successfully delivering at Visa.
- Work with senior Product leaders to understand their product strategy and priorities and construct a portfolio of accelerated delivery projects and programs to deliver their goals.
- Define program structures including roles and accountabilities of program managers, program governance models, and progress reporting structure to meet the product owners’ objectives.
- Monitor and review the team’s work product including providing guidance and coaching to improve outcomes.
- Manage large complex programs working for the Product / Solution leads including working across teams to ensure successful delivery
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders, including interactions with strategic partner executives
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums and publishes periodic project status reports
What we’re after…
- Substantial experience in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully, most likely in product, product development, or large complex projects in a matrix organization
- You will have experience for a top-tier consulting firm at senior levels and in driving major initiatives leading to significant top-line growth and increased profitability.
- You will have reported directly to an Executive Committee member leading a major new business or initiative and will have demonstrated exposure to Board / C-suite in representing program progress, status, risks / issues.
- You will have implemented solutions across a global organization and will have worked abroad in multiple countries.
- You know how to build, develop, and motivate a team highly sought after program managers
- You are self-motivated and highly driven. You have an Agile mindset.
- You bring a start-up mindset to your program management approach.
- You are an excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- You are detail oriented and proven ability to manage multiple, cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines and deliverables
- You put a premium on strong working relationships and know how to use diplomacy to get things done.
- You are trusted by senior leaders who come to you find out “what is really going on.” You are not afraid to tell it like it is.
- You build momentum for change and carry the team across the finish line in making it happen.