Sr. Software Engineer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's the job? As part of the Platform and Reliability Engineering Department in the Network Processing organization, you'll be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance, support, tools and automation of Visa's systems, which authorize, clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various
parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system or process where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Collaborate with business units and technical staff to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Assist application teams in setting up their CI/CD processes and automation.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy leveraging re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
- Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Provide rotational on-call support as needed.
- 2+ years of software design and development experience.
- Experience in CI/CD tools and processes is highly desired.
- Proficiency in at least one of these object-oriented programming languages is a must (C++, Python, Java, C#).
- Experience in C/C++ or GoLang is a huge plus.
- Experience in MEAN stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, NodeJS), ReactJS and/or C#/.NET are preferred, but not required.
- Willing to work on Windows, Linux and Mainframe.
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Development and Design Patterns.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.