- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is currently looking to attract a talented professional to join our Global Internal Audit team as a Sr. Manager on the Internal Audit Professional Practices team reporting to the Sr. Director of Internal Audit Operations.
Visa is currently looking to attract a talented professional to join our Global Internal Audit team as Audit Manager.
Participate on and/or lead portions of large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of (Senior) Director – Internal Audit. Assist in the design and drive the execution of key areas of each audit engagement, while assisting more junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, industry advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member on large, complex projects.
- Lead the execution of specific areas of a project, supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- Act as the in-charge for selected audit projects, conducting the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and leading closing activities.
- Supervision includes assessing project status and results and overseeing timely completion, including work paper review and report preparation.
- Promote enhancement of auditor judgment through targeted feedback that drives directly to business control risks.
- Provide reports to business managers on the effectiveness of their business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process
- Assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the company. Assist business partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Assist audit management with macro reporting by providing data relevant to audit findings.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the appropriate level of Visa and Audit management.
- Ideas should be expressed clearly and concisely.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to Visa’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve team conflicts and to bring the group together to enhance project results through group planning, feedback and development skills.
- 4 years of relevant audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution or Big 4 assurance experience with a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management information systems or related fields
- 7-10 years of relevant audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution or Big 4 assurance experience with a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management information systems or related fields
- CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certifications highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience executing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Strong supervisory and time management skills.
- Experience in managing a staff of diverse professionals.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 15% - 25%.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.