Senior Director, DPS Product Manager
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS focuses on building and deploying innovative issuer processing technologies to enable and secure Visa transactions around the globe. Our mission is to launch new, market-leading offerings that create tremendous value for Issuers and Emerging Payments Providers, and delight end consumer users as well as meet clear areas of demand for payment and related services.
To effect this transformation across the globe, we are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated user experiences as the lead over a small team of product owners.
Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, payments and delivery knowledge, communication and applied strategy in applying DPS solutions to emerging use cases.
The Visa DPS Product Manager will work with stakeholders across Technology, Sales, and Client Support (CS) to deliver effective issuer processing solutions. In addition, this role will contribute to the overall strategic vision, planning and operation of the Visa DPS business and requires strong change management and C-level skills. This is a matrix, cross functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical. This role will interface across regions and multiple markets and engage with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, interchange/pricing, finance to coordinate the build, launch and support of new and existing products.
Visa DPS is looking for individual that pays attention to detail, with a proven track record of success in fast-paced product development environments (SAFE/Agile frameworks) with demanding timelines, an ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, but who can also think big and contribute to strategic planning, drive change management and lead executive messaging.
Successful candidates will take ownership of most non-financial planning, program management, reporting and communications consistent with our product strategy, drive to increase usage / overall value and ultimately build Visa DPS brand loyalty. This position may require occasional travel to Visa sites and client sites around the globe.
- Successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced product development lifecycle, preference for experience with SAFE/agile/SCRUM development frameworks.
Key responsibility is to develop the processes and systems that enable efficient tracking, reporting, and follow up with a broad cross-functional team, including:
- Business / strategy contributions
- Market capability requirements
- Performance tracking against market, regional and enterprise goals
- Commercialization and go-to-market strategies (GTM)
- Product development
Responsible for leading projects / project teams and developing plans and schedules to drive deliverables to on time and on budget delivery. This Senior Director manages a group of Product Owners, and will be reporting to the Forward GM.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on serving clients
- Experience managing and leading teams of product development professionals
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data collection, buy-in and strong decision making abilities to elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Outstanding executive communication skills to develop presentations, associated summaries, and back up materials for program reporting.
- Expert skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Cloud tracking tools are required
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary
- Active listening skills required
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated and aligned with functional objective
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience
- An advanced degree strongly preferred
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as issuer processing market experience is a plus, but not required
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.