Product Owner, DPS
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product Owner to join the team!
The Product Owner's primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences with a substantial value propositions across the payments ecosystem.
This Product Owner will:
- Work closely with clients, partners, business unit leaders, engineering, architects, user experience and global cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate and refine new issuer processing solutions.
- Interact with executives and others in client and partner organizations to brainstorm co-creation ideas, develop user stories, and bring new product features to market.
- Work closely with Product Strategy, Product Leads and Technology as part of an agile work team(s) supporting development and commercialization of new features.
- Bring prior experience in hands-on development of product solutions, and a close knowledge of developments in issuer-processing and payment related technology.
- Creative and hands-on, has a bias towards action and is able to inspire others with their vision.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Strong product development skills with a sound understanding of payment technology, risk and fraud management, other ecosystem requirements
- Prior experience working within an agile product development environment, as well as familiarity or experience with issuer processing technology
- 3+ years of experience in the payments industry (e.g. payment processing, acquiring, payment technology provider, payment brand etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in technical or business product management
- 3+ years' experience with agile (SAFE) product development methodology preferred
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence
- Aptitude to collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable and scalable payment solutions
- Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
- Experience working with external partners in collaborative development
- Knowledge in issuer processing technology or solutions
- Experience and knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.