Visa Direct Growth & Implementation Lead - Product Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more.
Global Alternate Distribution team is a new team within Visa Direct focused on expanding Visa Direct through alternate channels such as software platforms, service providers, Fintechs etc. We do market research, identify target clients and drive end-to-end implementation of Visa Direct. We engage with strategically important global platform and software service providers that are critical to the success of Visa Direct across regions. The team is responsible to come-up with the new ideas, use cases and build partnerships to grow and scale Visa Direct.
The person will be a key member of the team defining product strategy to expand Visa Direct through non-traditional channels. The role will primarily be focused on leading Client Engagement and end-to-end product implementation for marquee Visa clients
This will be a client/partner-facing and broad-reaching leadership role so organizational savvy, interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa (sales, marketing, pricing, legal, risk) and with leaders from some of our largest partners. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in payments with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Act as a product SME to clients to define Visa Direct use cases and design technical and business solutions to implement those
Partner with cross functional team within Visa to develop detailed implementation plan
Drive end-to-end project to implement Visa Direct for clients by working with client support teams and other Visa Direct partners
Act as a liaison between Visa Direct implementation clients and other implementation partners
Manage client engagement and expectations with the clients throughout the implementation process
Help client grow Visa Direct by driving adoption and expanding into new use cases
5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Post Graduate degree in Business Administration strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience with payments/operations analytics, or equivalent
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Experienced in working in client facing roles
- Technical curiosity to be able to understand technical issues during implementation and resolve them by collaborating with different Visa team
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in market analysis
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- 5-10% of Travel to client location may be required
- Strong technical or product back ground with good understanding of API implementation, different file formats an file transfer methods
- Experience in leading end-to-end client engagement with big clients as a product SME
- Communication skills are critical in this role both written and oral. The role will require extensive collaboration with multiple teams.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.