Staff Software Engineer (DevOps)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Staff Software Engineer as a DevOps engineer for the Business Solutions Product Development team which is a part of Visa's Data Product Development organization. The position requires working as a member of a team responsible for designing, orchestrating and developing an automated CI/CD pipeline in support of Visa's Business Solutions line of products.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Work with the developers and ops team to design, develop and orchestrate a fully automated CI/CD pipeline which enables ‘single click’ deployment of software to various environments like dev, test, staging or production
- Collaborate and work with the team members to improve the engineering tools and processes in pursuit of engineering excellence
- Collaborate and work with the team members to bring in industry best practices in the field of CI/CD and DevOps
- Drive the efforts to containerize the applications using Docker and deploy them at scale using Kubernetes/OpenShift.
- Help build robust monitoring and alerting capabilities for applications deployed in the production and non-production environment.
- Propagate and practice the culture of ‘Shift-Left’ and automate the workflows in pursuit of engineering excellence.
- Guide and mentor the junior members in the team.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software industry with expertise as a developer and/or devops engineer.
- Should have a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle with the knowledge of automation tools to create a CI/CD pipeline which facilitates rapid, efficient & error free software release & deployment.
- Should have prior proven experience of managing the CI/CD pipeline of a large enterprise product.
- Thorough and hands-on knowledge of Jenkins as a continuous integration tool is a must
- Experience working with GIT is a must
- Experience working with code quality tools like SonarQube
- Hands-on experience operating on Artifact Management Systems like Artifactory is a must
- Knowledge of log monitoring applications like Splunk or ElasticSearch is preferred.
- Knowledge of Docker as a containerization technology is a must.
- Hands-on experience working with REST APIs is a must
- Proven expertise in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Shell scripting, Perl etc)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.