Systems Analyst - Unix/Windows
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Unix/Windows Systems Analyst
CyberSource, a Visa company, is the leading payment processor focused on eCommerce. The company serves over 480,000 online merchants, including many leading global brands as well as a broad base of small to mid-sized accounts. CyberSource is the premium player in the ecommerce space, combining a comprehensive suite of global payment options with sophisticated fraud and security management, delivered in a software-as-a-service model
Visa Inc is looking for a Systems Analyst to work in the U.S. with the CyberSource Settlement & Reporting Application Support Team. The candidate will be responsible for providing settlement processing and report generation for our Enterprise and Small Business merchants, solving complex problems, and be involved with continuous application improvements and application deployment initiatives. They must be able to work in a fast paced environment, managing open systems UNIX and Windows job processes, troubleshoot job problems, and work internal tickets and merchant escalations.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert for all Cybersource Settlement & Reporting applications
- Support initiatives to enhance tool functionality with the tools, and engineering support teams
- Manage the performance and tuning of applications, servers and configuration settings.
- Provide second level support for merchant escalations, including evaluate issues reported by merchants and provide solutions
- Work cross organizationally to resolve complex issues
- Preparation and maintenance of internal documentation
- Operations environment requiring shift work, 12 hour day shifts, required to work weekends and holidays as requested or scheduled.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Database experience and SQL skills. Experience with Casandra is a plus.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Knowledge with scheduling tools CA-ESP, Mesos, Marathon, Quartz, Ozzie
- Understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management per the ITIL process.
- Payment processing experience or equivalent, e.g. finance industry
- Ability to work independently and work effectively as part of a cross-functional team
- Two years of analytical and diagnostic skills; e.g., root cause analysis
- Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.