Sr Staff Software Engineer - Connex
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will help design, build and test enhancements to the Connex Advantage software on the HP NonStop Platform. You will be taking leadership roles working on multiple projects and work as an integral part of a cross-functional development team. This collaborative, team-based role will require a close working relationship with Product owners, Software Architects, Quality Assurance, Technical Writers, UI Designers and other Software Engineers.
- Design, build or maintain HP NonStop servers, using C, TAL and TACL
- Build partnerships with Product Management to ensure that the products being built deliver real value
- Code to design specifications
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices and/or operating systems
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, and help choose solutions
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
- Coach and mentor junior team members and help them grow professionally
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
-In depth knowledge of HP NonStop and Guardian OS required
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models required
- Proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand requirements independently and architect, design and build the solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.