Open Systems Support DevOps Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The role of the Support DevOps Engineer will consist of designing, implementing, automating and supporting application build releases, deployments and configurations. Automating security compliance patching and updates in non-production environments. Other responsibilities include performing code and quality reviews, managing operations, triaging and fixing operational and application issues.
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates on Development and QA servers.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and
self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
- Support, troubleshoot and analyze code on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Provide third level technical support to technical teams within Visa to support the implementation of modifications and/or new solutions.
- Support the implementation of new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address and resolve issues and keep them from repeating.
- Responsible for daily activities of QA environment. This will include but not be limited to creating test environments on physical and virtual platforms; troubleshooting OS and third party application issues; deploying, installing, configuring proprietary software; monitoring hardware usage and performance as it applies to the environments. Assist in gathering of metrics to understand trends, identify anomalies and potential issues.
- Review and document processes and procedures related to all DevOps tasks and development.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 2-4 years previous experience with source control tools (Microsoft’s TFVC, GIT, GitHub) and branching strategies.
- 2-4 years previous experience with related DevOps tools (Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, BitBucket, Artifactory, etc.).
- 2-4 years previous experience with automation using scripting languages (PowerShell, Linux/Unix shell, Ruby, Groovy, etc.).
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts (IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, certificates, etc.).
- Knowledge of development concepts (Web Services, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Hands on experience with agile development practices and project tools. (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Must be able to adjust to constant changes in business, technical, and requirements related to the job.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.