Director, Knowledge Management Program Manager (REF21356H) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Are you interested in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast growing payment technology spaces? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa is committed to fueling innovation in this space along with our partners. To this end, Visa is committed to open up the majority of existing APIs to our current clients and partners as well as the broader developer community.
Digital Developer Platform (DDP) promotes the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments by digitalizing the physical card, providing multi-channel capabilities, creating Provisioning-as-a-Service, re-energizing our Mobile Money platform, expanding reach with the Visa brand to connected devices. For this position you will be working with a talented group of engineers and architects to build a unified business to consumer (B2C) authentication and authorization platform.
We also represent an exciting initiative with an ambitious objective to consolidate multiple partner and developer-facing assets across Visa into a common platform in order to simplify partner connectivity, decrease integration costs, and accelerate the pace of collaboration and innovation across payments ecosystem.
As part of a PMO, you will support DDP for a variety of ongoing and new operational and project activities.
- Manage the Digital Developer Platform Training, Documentation, Mentoring and Knowledge Sharing programs
- Understand and stay abreast of DDP strategic principles and goals and the organizational skills and behavior required for success.
- Understand and stay abreast of VTU technical training offerings and Visa training and education policies.
- Identify DDP technical training requirements to achieve DDP strategic goals; maintain a roadmap of training delivery to support DDP strategic goals.
- Define, develop, and deliver technical newhire training to increase productivity for newly hired engineers.
- Define, develop, and deliver other mandatory training as needed to support quality and productivity goals.
- Serve as a liaison between DDP and VTU to ensure that DDP technical training requirements are met in the current VTU course offerings and long-term VTU strategy.
- Ensure that DDP addresses all Compliance requirements regarding training delivery for technical staff (such as PCI DSS 6.5 requirement to train developers on secure coding practices).
- Monitor and measure all training delivery programs to ensure program effectiveness.
- Help establish DDP as a leader in both technical excellence and people development.
Skills and Experience
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Broad knowledge of software engineering principles and practices, including traditional waterfall, LeanX, Agile, Scaled Agile, DevOps and CI/CD; ability to identify ongoing training needs to support the selected development methodology.
- Understanding of principles of process monitoring and measuring and continuous improvement.
- Experience conducting training needs analysis for technical audiences.
- Experience in curriculum design and development.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of instructional design.
- Understanding of the operations and capabilities of major Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Skills and experience in both online and classroom training delivery
- Bachelor degree in a technical field, such as: Business Information Technology or Business Management, Marketing, Mass Communications (Preferred) or 10+ years of program/project management, preferably in a global technology company
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 35% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.