Staff Software Test Engineer
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance only in the most complex situations. The role will aanalyze and troubleshoot user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems under broadly defined practices and procedures, including working with developers in analyzing and developing process improvements for system administration and environmental build functions.
The Client Test team is part of Visa's Global Client Services group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop test designs and cases for the Global Client Testing Organization. He/she will perform functional and automation testing for Visa Processing Services applications and will need detailed analytical skills and a good understanding of the test methodologies to be able to interface directly and make decisions with staff members of Global Client Testing, Product Management, Project Management, Client Implementations and Development.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- General business knowledge of financial systems and EFT
- Knowledge in testing web technologies, services and physical devices. Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS and HTML
- Knowledge in Microsoft .Net, Java, VB and Java script programming capability
- Expert knowledge in SQL methodologies
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Experience with tools like clear quest, HP ALM, AGM, Share point, Wiki, and Clear-2-pay
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools
- Strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
- Develop and maintain transaction and automation scripts
- Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
- Analyze automation feasibility and devise the best automation approach
- Develop Proof of concept (POC)
- Develop and maintain transaction simulators and automation framework
- Creating clear testing project documentation
- Follow the standards in development to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with functional and development tools and other support teams as required
- Document software defects using bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Perform network / system diagnostics and transaction research to analyze and resolve endpoint problems in both the test and production
- Work with functional and development teams to ensure on time and quality delivery
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.