Sr. Staff Software Engineer in Test (Performance)
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Essential Functions – As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will become part of the Issuer Processing Performance Test Engineering team, where you will be accountable for the creation of application/system/service performance plans and models. You will work with architects, developers, product owners/managers, project managers and test engineers to define adequate testing strategies, scripts and scenarios to evaluate, troubleshoot, tune and certify.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Performance Test tools such as Performance Center, LoadRunner, Jmeter, etc…
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Application Performance Monitoring solutions such as OpNET, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc…
- Hands-on experience navigating, troubleshooting and optimizing internals of the Unix/Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience navigating and debugging program languages such as Java, Python, C#, C++, .NET
- Experience tuning and optimizing Databases such as Oracle, MSSQL, Mongo, Cassandra
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including strong leadership and interpersonal capabilities
- Self-motivated, independent and solutions-oriented
- Familiarity with payment processing systems/services/domain
- Demonstrate a team-driven attitude, ready to innovate, collaborate and resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to balance deliverables and meet necessary deadlines.
- Proven track record of success both as an individual contributor as well as a leader
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.