Manager - QA
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Cloud Platform Team is responsible for building frameworks and systems to automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployment tools that Visa developers will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make is easy for developers to get their code to customers. We are testing and automating the platform and make it easy to deploy, monitor, scale and debug applications.
- Basic Qualifications
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Preferred Qualifications
- 7-10 years of work experience in QA engineering and automation and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience working autonomously across multiple teams and projects
- Thorough understanding of QA best practices
- Solid ability in Java, Spring Soap UI used in test automation
- Familiar with common automation frameworks like Selenium, Protractor
- In-depth knowledge of planning, designing, and executing test plans including automation, manual and white/black box testing
- Designing and automating integration tests, critical-path or end-to-end acceptance tests, as well as API tests
- Analyzing and implementing QA and automation best practices to improve test scalability and performance
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English
- Manage a team of 5-6 QA testers
- Build automated testing platform to enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Proficiency in writing automation, develop new automation suite, automate test cases
- Proficiency in API automation and run write new test cases, suites
- Proficiency in UI automation and should be able to write new test cases, maintain existing automation.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform thorough functional testing for new features
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Build and manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- “This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.