- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, performing the code deployment in Production and Client testing environment, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- 24x7 on-call support as per roaster
- Monitor Processing
- Ensure timely execution/delivery/availability
- Detect and Resolve Problems
- Root Cause Analysis
- Permanently fix the problem
- Set audits and alerts to detect problem
- Facilitate maintenance activities
- Plan and executes changes as per instructions
- Run problem bridges
- Strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines
- Updates to knowledge repository
- Knowledge Transition from/to others
- Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Build Automation
- Performance Tuning
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must
- Very Good knowledge on DB2 Database along with SQL.
- UNIX Shell scripting or Any other scripting knowledge is mandatory.
- Understanding the Java programming language and work experience of more than 3 years in Java application L1/L2 support.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and deploying major components for large projects.
- Experience in supporting systems that run on Linux Environment.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as Routing, Protocols, Subnets, DNS.
- Experience with Middleware components including Apache Tomcat, JWS and IBM MQ.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or Computer Science or a related degree.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Splunk, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups.
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.
- Good communication skill and ability to work as team player.
- Knowledge of Web services like SOAP & RESTful web services.
- Basic knowledge on Kafka, Spark and Hadoop cluster from Operations perspective are good to have.
- Knowledge of Devops tools like Jenkins, Chef , Nginx, kubernetes & Openshift is a plus.