Sr Software Engineer - Android
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
The role is a self organised Sr Software Engineer with good mobile development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Bangalore, India.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Build engaging, usable, and accessible UI applications/components/code libraries for Mobile - in the form of Android classes and technical notes
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate evangelising Android app best practices and Accessibility for mobile
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives. Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Android application development (required).
- Masters degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Android application development (required).
- Android, Core Java, Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks such as MVVM, VIPER and MVC
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components
- Experience building scalable and reactive consumer facing mobile applications
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
- Responsive Design Principles
- Be a technologist - happy and confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies. Java experience is a must.
Good to have
- Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team.
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach.
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills.
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects.
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.