Staff Android Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
The role is a self organised Sr Software Engineer with good mobile development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Bangalore, India.
· Android expertise and Core Java and its related technologies
· Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, problem solving, algorithms and software design for mobile platform.
· Experience with modern frontend frameworks such as MVVM, VIPER and MVC
· Be a technologist happy and confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies.
· Solid coding practices including good design, unit testing, E2E testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc) and conducting peer code reviews.
· Knowledge Android platform and OWASP security practices.
· Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components
· Experience building scalable and reactive consumer facing mobile applications
· Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes
· Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server-side systems.
· Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multitier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols and blue tooth technology, test driven development, SDK development maintenance and support.
· Good knowledge on Responsive Design Principles.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that require multitasking among concurrent projects.
· Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
· Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and practice.
· Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
· Ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Good to have
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
· Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on largescale software projects.
· Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team.
· Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach.
· Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
· Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications; write solid code following best development practices.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Android platform.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Android or iOS application development (required).
- MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Android or iOS application development (required).
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.