Senior Director Business Continuity Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Operational Resilience team is seeking an innovative business continuity professional for the position of Senior Director, Business Continuity Management. Reporting to the head of Business Continuity, the Senior Director of Business Continuity Management is a senior-level individual contributor position responsible for the design and development of a comprehensive, end-to-end business service resilience focused program and framework with supporting deliverables and scaled implementation across the enterprise. The position provides an opportunity to mature Visa’s resilience posture through new & leading edge capabilities, reinforcing Visa as a leader in the industry.
The role is also responsible for implementing the annual Business Continuity Management program for assigned organizations across the Visa enterprise, in accordance with FFIEC regulatory expectations. This includes performing business impact assessments (BIA), assisting in business continuity plan (BCP) development, and planning, conducting and evaluating BCP exercises.
This highly collaborative role requires close partnership across the resilience disciplines including Business Continuity Management, Vendor Resilience, Crisis Management, IT Disaster Recovery, and partners in Technology and Operational Risk. The ideal candidate demonstrates applied experience in a unique combination of skill sets including: Operational Resilience in the FinTech industry for multi-national corporations,; data analytics; innovation, creativity and design; executive stakeholder relationship management; and a high level of personal initiative and self-motivation.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, with minimum of Bachelor’s degree required.
- You have general understanding of business continuity planning software
- You have general understanding of emergency mass notification software
- 15+ years of experience if Bachelors/12+ years of experience with advanced degree
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification or equivalent
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and specific advanced expertise with Excel
- Applied experience in leading a business continuity management program
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations
- You are team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and excellent writing capabilities
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior leadership and external parties
- You are passionate, self-motivated, results-oriented and a demonstrated sense of urgency with the ability to perform well under significant enterprise-wide pressure
- Experience with advanced data analytics, synthesis, and executive reporting
- Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP)
- Proficiency in O365 Suite and collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams)
- Proficiency in utilizing business continuity planning software
- Proficiency in utilizing emergency mass notification software
- Applied experience in leading a business continuity management program for an international enterprise
- Applied experience in managing a business continuity management program for an FFIEC regulated company
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel 10-15% domestically and internationally. Occasionally this person may work outside of business hours to support international teams.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.