VP, CHIEF SYSTEMS ARCHITECT- DATA PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be a leader with demonstrated ability to lead by influence and a record of accomplishment of successful delivery of large-scale complex systems at an Internet or financial services company or as a product at an enterprise software company.
The ability to synthesize and simplify complex needs such as business capability, operational efficiency, regulatory, security and privacy considerations into architecture and system design is required. This includes the ability to work with technical people at all levels and work tightly with program/product management.
Prior experience should include architecture and design validated through delivery and operations for high-demand data systems for analytic and operational use. Examples include real-time data collection systems, pipelines, warehousing, data cleaning and quality, business intelligence, predictive analytics and real-time scoring systems.
Validated ability to quickly grasp and evaluate new ideas and technologies from internal and external sources and match them with appropriate technology and business problems to yield pragmatic innovation is required.
Experience in driving architecture for complex projects that cut across multiple teams and geographies is required. Experience with big data or open-source technologies including Hadoop are required.
Develop Systems and Component architectures and APIs that meet the test of time. Articulate and evangelize architectural principles reciprocally with engineering teams that ensure that system components fit and last and align with company’s business direction.
- Validated ability in leading a small team of senior architects and multi-functional architects and engineers.
- Lead a team of architects to define, develop, maintain, and communicate the technology and platform strategy to all levels including the Visa executive team
- Work with engineering teams to provide continuous architecture and design mentorship / leadership and be a source of support that ensures successful product delivery and operational excellence in production.
- Collaborate with key partners such as developers, development managers, product and program management and senior technical and business executives to drive the Architecture strategy.
- Resolve approaches for new areas by quickly investigating the state of the art and available technologies.
- Take a consultative approach to develop, present, explain, and evangelize the value and vision of proposed architectures and solutions to a wide audience
- Promote architecture standard methodologies and mentor key technical people within the Data Product organization.
- Lead and support a team to design, build, and operate an uncommon Data Platform
- Champion a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Establish relationships with key architects across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural standard methodologies.
- Chip in to building Visa’s technology brand through internal and external initiatives
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience managing and leading teams across geographies
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical and machine learning and operational excellence of production systems, required.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to technical and non-technical people at multiple organization levels, required.
- Experience in M&A (evaluation, integration, etc.) desired
Work Hours (Optional)
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
Travel Requirements (Required, add number below)
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20 % of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement (Required, do not edit)
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.