Senior Software UI Engineer - Push Payments (REF20606B) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa UX is looking for a Senior Software UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand “Yes, and” over “No” this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience required
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using Angular or React (required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS, etc. (Required)
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows (Required)
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles (Required)
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.